[dm-crypt] Key-Slot Checker Tool

Arno Wagner arno at wagner.name
Sun Sep 9 02:41:09 CEST 2012

Hi all.

I just wrote a very simple key-slot checker. It divides all
active keyslots into 512 byte sectors and calculates entropy
for each. For valid encrypted data, entropy will be close
to 0.95 on average (would be 1, but this is sample entropy,
calculated on a limited data set).

No fancy output, no library usage (but verifies LUKS version),
support for non-default key-sizes and setting your own entropy
threshold. I put in 0.85 as default threshold, which should work
well.

Now I am not sure where to put it. Should I put it in
misc/ in the sources? That seems to be sort of a contrib/
directory. Or should we add a section in the Wiki for
tools?

Anyways, if anybody want to test it, it is attached.
Compile instructions at the head of the file.

Arno Wagner,    Dr. sc. techn., Dipl. Inform.,   Email: arno at wagner.name