[dm-crypt] Encrypt all partitions with dm-crypt

Two Spirit twospirit6905 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 06:15:19 CEST 2012

I'm interested in knowing what are some of the trade offs of using the LUKS
header v not using the LUKS header.Since I assume the content of the
encrypted data is secure, it doesn't matter if someone knows the data is
encrypted and has a header and the header only helps in recovery, so I'm
not quite seeing what would be an advantage of not using LUKS, but from the
email below, there seems to be some reason.