[dm-crypt] Does safe remove has a point on an encrypted drive?

Claudio Moretti flyingstar16 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 01:31:38 CEST 2012

 On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 12:29 AM, <antispam06 at sent.at> wrote:

>  That's about it. A safe remove command is needed? And if yes, does one
> need something more complex than one pass?

If your drive password is compromised, the filesystem is exposed, so in
theory is possible to retrieve the content of the file, as if it was on a
non encrypted disk.

So, in my opinion, yes, a safe remove command is necessary and with all the
passes you may need (which depend on the confidentiality of the file).