[dm-crypt] Encrypt all partitions with dm-crypt

Stayvoid stayvoid at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 00:36:32 CEST 2012

> With devfs the output of "df" should have something like
>      udev                   10M  296K  9.8M   3% /dev
> and there shoud be a directory .udev/ in /dev.

Recovery shell:
# df
Filesystem
dev        ...
run        ...

USB stick with the same kernel:
# df
Filesystem
rootfs     ...
dev        ...
run        ...
/dev/sdc1  ...
shm        ...
tmpfs      ...

/dev/udev doesn't exist in both cases.

I'm still trying to understand how to mount and decrypt my
partitions. I've been told that a man page should help me, but I
can't see anything helpful there.

I'm using a plain version, and
there are four options: create, remove, status, resize.
Which one should I use to "recreate" my old mapping?
Is it possible? Am I'm missing something?

I can't see my mappings in /dev/mapper because I'm running from
a USB stick.

I can't mount the partitions, mount shows a standard "wrong fs
type" error.

Could you tell me what should I do to access the data on the
partition?

Thanks