[dm-crypt] few questions on truecrypt and luks

.. ink .. mhogomchungu at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 19:48:58 CEST 2013

> > There is this link:
> >
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Forbidden_items?rd=ForbiddenItems#TrueCrypt
> >
> >  cryptsetup can be added to the list. I tried to write an email to
> > fedora mailing list asking cryptsetup to be added to the list but my
> > email was bounced back to me i think its because i was not a member
> > of the list.
>
> You need FAS account for wiki edit, fedora-devel should be free...
> Whatever... I added cryptsetup link to wiki myself.

There is this other link :-) :
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Talk:Forbidden_items

zuluCrypt should give a comparable and easy to use CLI and GUI replacement.

here is another use who switched from truecrypt to cryptsetup/LUKS because
of an easy to use GUI alternative to encrypted containers in files:
http://www.pclinuxos.com/forum/index.php/topic,114578.msg976670.html#msg976670