[dm-crypt] After reboot: "Command failed with code 22: Device /dev/md2 is not a valid LUKS device."

Jens-Michael Hoffmann jmho at jmho.de
Tue Apr 23 18:18:23 CEST 2013

> Just out of curiosity: Is the cipher and key size combination (aes-xts-
> plain64, 256 bit) the default or why did I have not to specify it to create
> the mapping? (IIUC the metadata of plain mappings is not stored?)

Never mind, I just realized that that was part of the destroyed luks device,
so I guess the default cipher/key size of "cryptsetup create" is used now.

Is there perhaps any way for converting the plain mapping into a luks
mapping or would I just have to create a new luks device and copy data
over?

kind regards,
Jens-Michael