[dm-crypt] dm-crypt "inverted" usage (i.e. exporting an "encrypted" image of a block device)

infrabit infrabit at infrabit.net
Thu Aug 1 22:36:52 CEST 2013

On Thu, 1 Aug 2013 19:17:00 +0300, Ciprian Dorin Craciun
<ciprian.craciun at gmail.com> wrote:
>     I found that the best way to "clone" the
> contents of a file system (minus any meta-data like ACL, extended
> attributes, etc.) is via `cpio` over `ssh`.  It beats `rsync` [...]

...or tar+ssh and if you can afford to trade security (although from your posts
I wouldn't) use a weak cipher f.e. arcfour (use case: private network where you
only have ssh login to servers).

As all others posters suggested you will shoot yourself in the foot. It's not
about if, but when.