[dm-crypt] Cryptsetup FAQ montly pointer 8/13

Robert Nichols rnicholsNOSPAM at comcast.net
Sat Aug 3 15:51:09 CEST 2013

On 08/02/2013 04:54 PM, Arno Wagner wrote:
> The FAQ can be fount on the Web here:
>    http://code.google.com/p/cryptsetup/wiki/FrequentlyAskedQuestions
> and in the sources.
>
> Changes:
> - Added section on swap encryption as item 2.2

Another option for reliably identifying the swap partition is to use
/dev/disk/by-id/<identifier> to identify the drive by model and serial
number.  For example, my own swap partition is

     /dev/disk/by-id/scsi-SATA_ST95005620AS_5YX1NEGE-part5

That should be safe unless I re-purpose that drive and forget to update
/etc/crypttab.

                 Do NOT delete it.