[dm-crypt] Duress mode?

strife at riseup.net strife at riseup.net
Thu Aug 15 11:45:13 CEST 2013

Hi,

First, I am sorry because I guess I am not the first person to ask this.
Still, I could not find any answer via search engines. Point me at
relevant threads in the archive if possible.

I found "pam_confused", a PAM layer to run code after entering a "duress
code". [1] I am looking for the same for cryptsetup, and I wonder what
steps would be necessary to make it more easy for people to be able to
specify a duress code that wipes LUKS headers, for example.

Are there any efforts made in that direction? Do you think this would be a
good thing to have by default in <distribution>?

-*strife

[1]
https://code.google.com/p/confused/source/browse/trunk/pam_confused/readme.txt