[dm-crypt] unable to mount my encrypted drive

Rick Farina sidhayn at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 17:22:52 CET 2013

All of a sudden, I'm unable to mount my encrypted drive anymore.  I
don't really reboot a lot, so I'm sure a lot has changed since my last
luksOpen including kmod version and cryptsetup being updated from 1.4.3
to 1.6.2.

I typically decrypt with something like this:

zero at ozzie ~ % gpg --batch --decrypt /run/usbstick/slicehdd.gpg 2>
/dev/null | sudo cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/sdb1 slice -d -

But now all I'm getting is this:

No key available with this passphrase.

here is some additional information:

zero at ozzie ~ % sudo cryptsetup luksDump /dev/sdb1
LUKS header information for /dev/sdb1

Version:       	1
Cipher name:   	aes
Cipher mode:   	xts-essiv:wp256
Hash spec:     	sha1
Payload offset:	4096
MK bits:       	512
MK digest:     	removed
MK salt:       	removed
MK iterations: 	removed
UUID:          	removed

Key Slot 0: ENABLED
	Iterations:         	removed
	Salt:               	removed
	Key material offset:	removed
	AF stripes:            	removed
Key Slot 1: DISABLED
Key Slot 2: DISABLED
Key Slot 3: DISABLED
Key Slot 4: DISABLED
Key Slot 5: DISABLED
Key Slot 6: DISABLED
Key Slot 7: DISABLED

Please let me know what else is needed for troubleshooting.

Thanks for the support, and the great software.  Been using cryptsetup
for years and loving it.

-Zero