[dm-crypt] Non-standard cipher mode

Arno Wagner arno at wagner.name
Wed Dec 18 17:13:28 CET 2013

DO NOT EDIT THE HEADER. This will make your LUKS container
inaccessible until you reverse the changes. What you now
have is an aes-xts-plain64:sha512 container. You do not have
ESSIV anywhere in there, XTS is an alternative to CBC-ESSIV.

That said, if you want aother cipher or mode, easiest way is
to re-create the container. A bit harder and risky without
backup is to use Milan's reencryption tool.

Arno