[dm-crypt] cryptsetup-1.6.3/truecrypt container

Milan Broz gmazyland at gmail.com
Sun Dec 29 10:06:02 CET 2013

On 12/28/2013 05:43 AM, Michael Strauss wrote:
> Hello,
>
> can someone please enlighten me? I try to mount a truecrypt volume with
> cryptsetup-1.6.3 and get the error message:
>
> cryptsetup -v --type tcrypt open /tmp/testconti.tc test
> Enter passphrase:
> Required kernel crypto interface not available.
> Ensure you have algif_skcipher kernel module loaded.
> Command successful.
>
> But it's there:
>
> lsmod:
>
> [...]
> algif_skcipher
> [...]
>
> After mounting the fs it works, but why the error message?

Fixed in
http://code.google.com/p/cryptsetup/source/detail?r=8dc48776979c67cdbf4991510ead4d716f34db03

For now you can safely ignore this warning message :)

(This message is just try to help if command completely fails but it is sometimes
problematic to detect if it is missing required kernel interface or intentional kernel
module not-compiled-in system hardening...)

Thanks for reporting it,