[dm-crypt] Device /dev/md2 is not a valid LUKS device

Stone stone at heisl.org
Mon Feb 18 19:28:41 CET 2013

hi guy's.

i new in your mailing list and i have a problem with my setup.

today my raid5 degraded totaly and i can fix it with a command to re-created
/mdadm --create /dev/md2 --assume-clean --verbose --level=5
--raid-devices=4 /dev/sdc1 /dev/sdd1 missing /dev/sdf1/
After this i add my /dev/sde1 also to my /dev/md2 device.

My problem is now the i cannot open my crypt device
/cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/md2 md2_nas//
//Device /dev/md2 is not a valid LUKS device./

Befor one year i has the device created with this command:
/luksformat -t ext4 /dev/md0/

A dont have a backup of the header.

Is the filesystem broken?
/fsck /dev/md2//
//fsck from util-linux 2.20.1//
//e2fsck 1.42 (29-Nov-2011)//
//fsck.ext2: Superblock invalid, trying backup blocks...//
//fsck.ext2: Bad magic number in super-block while trying to open /dev/md2/

Is there a chance to get my data from the device?

Thank you.