[dm-crypt] force luksClose

Milan Broz gmazyland at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 23:41:31 CET 2013

On 21.2.2013 22:16, Benjamin Eberhardt wrote:

> # cryptsetup luksClose sata_p1_2TBa
> Device sata_p1_2TBa is busy.
>
> no open files on *sata* davice (both device and mountpoint are called the same)
>
> # lsof |grep sata
> #
>
> blkid doesnt really help me either:
>
> # lsblk

There must be something wrong with that device,
it must show in lsblk output (but it is not there).

Seems like it is partially removed (empty table) - can you add
output of

dmsetup table sata_p1_2TBa
dmsetup info -c sata_p1_2TBa
blockdev --getsz /dev/mapper/sata_p1_2TBa ?

(btw another mapping will not show in lsof, but it should
be visible in lsblk. If it is reproducible I would like to at least
fix lsblk so we have some reliable tool to debug it...)