[dm-crypt] filesystem conversion guidance needed

lxnf98mm at gmail.com lxnf98mm at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 16:01:29 CET 2013

I have successfully used the procedure you describe several times to
convert to raid but never an encrypted partition
When you say "2. Copy the data over." what am I copying
Normally I would

cd old_filesystem; tar cf - . |(cd new_filesystem; tar xf -)

But that would just copy unencrypted data
Would you explain a bit more

Richard