[dm-crypt] dmcrypt, cryptsetup primer,,,

.. ink .. mhogomchungu at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 00:19:10 CET 2013

Your email seem incomplete because it is not clear what is it that you are
asking the mailing list to do for you.

> The last one is an encrypted file which contains the contents of your home directory, it is mounted when you login and is most likely the "virtual" disk you talk about. This looks like ecryptfs's work to me.
>
> So it looks like you have LVM on whole disk encryption (this is a standard way of doing whole disk encryption) as well as home directory encryption which is kind of redundant with whole disk encryption.
>
> If your problem is here,the problem being having an encrypted home in an
already encrypted partition,then the best place to discuss this is with
kubuntu who implemented it that way.

If this is the problem then it is beyond the scope of this project and the
best thing to do is file a bug with the kubuntu people.