[dm-crypt] static libraries

Milan Broz gmazyland at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 12:05:37 CET 2013

On 01/05/2013 10:05 AM, .. ink .. wrote:
> i build 1.6.0-rc1 with the following config options:
>
>  ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-cryptsetup-reencrypt --enable-static-cryptsetup
>
> then i looked at the static libraries with the following command:
>  find . -iname *.a
>
> and the results where:
> ./lib/crypto_backend/.libs/libcrypto_backend.a
> ./lib/verity/.libs/libverity.a
> ./lib/tcrypt/.libs/libtcrypt.a
> ./lib/luks1/.libs/libluks1.a
> ./lib/loopaes/.libs/libloopaes.a
>
> Is the list of static objects complete? it seem incomplete to me as i dont see a static object to handle plain volumes or other functions.

What are you trying to do here?

These are INTERNAL libraries, never ever use them directly.

> Shouldnt also there be a libcryptsetup.a static library?

$ ls -l lib/.libs/libcryptsetup.a
-rw-r--r-- 1 milan milan 567052 Jan  5 11:57 lib/.libs/libcryptsetup.a

This is the only library which is provided externally.

Above compiled with (on Debian)
./configure --enable-static --enable-static-cryptsetup