[dm-crypt] static libraries

.. ink .. mhogomchungu at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 11:50:20 CET 2013

> IOW see
>   libgcrypt-config --libs
>
> (In fedora for example it reports -lgpg-error.)

below if a full list of all libgcrypt-config options in my system.

[ink at mtz ~]$ libgcrypt-config --prefix
/home/local
[ink at mtz ~]$ libgcrypt-config --exec-prefix
/home/local
[ink at mtz ~]$ libgcrypt-config --version
1.5.0
[ink at mtz ~]$ libgcrypt-config --api-version
1
[ink at mtz ~]$ libgcrypt-config --libs
-L/home/local/lib -lgcrypt -lgpg-error
[ink at mtz ~]$ libgcrypt-config --cflags
-I/home/local/include
[ink at mtz ~]$ libgcrypt-config --algorithms
Symmetric cipher algorithms: arcfour blowfish cast5 des aes twofish serpent
rfc2268 seed camellia
Public-key cipher algorithms: dsa elgamal rsa ecc
Message digest algorithms: crc md4 md5 rmd160 sha1 sha256 sha512 tiger
whirlpool
[ink at mtz ~]$ libgcrypt-config --host
i686-pc-linux-gnu
[ink at mtz ~]$

I think the problem is that the build process does not check for the
presence of gpg-error package.

It just assume it to be present and located at "/usr/lib" and as the output
show,the build process still fail even after i installed "libgpg-error.a"
and "libgpg-error.so" but not in "/usr".

I have not tested but i assume even the building dynamically process would
fail if "libgpg-error.so" is found in the path but is not located in
"/usr".As the output show,it ignored the version in "/home/local/lib" and
complain when it couldnt find the library in "/usr/lib"