[dm-crypt] Memory errors and and 3TB RAID5 partition

Matthias Schniedermeyer ms at citd.de
Wed Jan 16 20:26:27 CET 2013

On 16.01.2013 17:30, Karol Babioch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am 16.01.2013 13:00, schrieb Matthias Schniedermeyer:
> > My M.O. is to make MD5(*) sums of just about every file.
>
> What scripts and/or software do you use? I'm planning to do something
> very similar, but wanted to make use of a file integrity checker. I
> haven't looked too extensively, but the ones I came up with seemed to be
> overkill.
>
> I'm looking for something very basic, just enough to detect file
> corruption and notify me by email or something like that.

The software is a perl-script that i developed myself. Md5sum wasn't
"intelligent" enough for me(*) and i didn't really look if there was any
existing software. So i began with a small script around "Digest::MD5"
and it grew from there. The script (i call it "md5tool.pl") is mostly
generic, altough there are a few things specific for my environment
hardcoded into it.

*:
For e.g. the script also records mtime, size and filetype with x/y-sizes
for a few image-types.

With the mtime/size information the script can check if a file has been
changed and update the stored MD5-sum.

--

Matthias