[dm-crypt] No key available for this passphrase

Sebastian r4p.t0x at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 25 20:57:59 CET 2013

Arno Wagner <arno at ...> writes:

> That is far too low. Your key-slot has been compromised.
> Have a look specifically at offset 0x10000, the problem seems
> to be only in the 512 bytes starting there.
>
> You can use option -v to get a hex-dump of that sector.

Well, it could have come to my mind to look at this address...

Offset 0x10000:

0000000 gpt LUKS�� ext4dev extended linux-swap(v1) linux-swap(new)
linux-swap(v0) linux-swap(old) hfs hfs+ ReIsEr4 LABELONE LVM2 _BHRfS_M
- The file system is damaged linux-swap ufs create new %1 file system udevsettle
udevsettle --timeout= udevadm settle --timeout= set partition type on %1 new
partition type: %1 using libparted shrink file system grow file system resize
file system delete partition Unable to find mount point ======================
libparted :  ^(/[^ ]+) create empty partition path: %1 calW

How on earth did that end up here and what could have caused it? After this it
looks perfectly random again...