[dm-crypt] Trying to mount pre-Luks encrypted external disks, suse 12.3

Milan Broz gmazyland at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 08:24:13 CEST 2013

Sorry for top posting, but please first read section 7.6 of FAQ
losetup->cryptsetup guide or https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/11/2/162
it should help you :)

I am almost sure the options you used are not valid (ESSIV was never
used in cryptloop etc). You have to specify options explicitly.
As mentioned in document, options cannot be detected automatically.

If you cannot find solution, please post _exact_ losetup parameters
you are using and exact losetup (util-linux) version from working system
(very important because Suse added some patches).

Milan