[dm-crypt] cryptsetup alignment

Christoph Anton Mitterer calestyo at scientia.net
Sat Jun 29 16:07:50 CEST 2013

On Sat, 2013-06-29 at 10:47 +0200, Milan Broz wrote:
> I am almost sure you used XTS with 512bit key, that's exactly this case
> - 1MiB is not enough for it.
Ah I see... yes I used 512 bit key

If 8 512bit keys don't fit in the 1MiB then... wouldn't it make sense to
_generally_ align to 4096S? ... I mean now that we have
cryptsetup-reencrypt (which is awesome by the way)... and people can
(AFAIU) also change their ciphers/modes to something larger?

> > Is it _really_ that smart that it auto detected this and also included
> > the LVM's PE size into it's calculations?
> No.
What a pity... that would have been so awesome ;-)

Thanks,
Chris.