[dm-crypt] Device $dev is not a valid LUKS device.

Arno Wagner arno at wagner.name
Mon Mar 4 15:04:18 CET 2013

Hi Erik,

first, you can make a header-backup, see the FAQ. Second, you can
investigate what destroys the header. The same thing could
well destroy a filesystem, RAID-superblock, etc.
Or put differently: Something is very, very wrong in
your set-up. Loss of the LUKS header can only happen if
einther the user does it (directly or indirectly) or
somethign is broken.

Arno