[dm-crypt] Cryptsetup using loop device makes it stop

Milan Broz gmazyland at gmail.com
Mon May 27 16:25:14 CEST 2013

On 05/27/2013 12:56 PM, Clément Hertling (Wxcafé) wrote:
> Well i'd love this to work, but i have that in my .config
>
> CONFIG_BLK_DEV_LOOP=y
> CONFIG_BLK_DEV_CRYPTOLOOP=y
>
> and it still doesn't work. I guess loopdev is in my kernel.

cryptoloop option is not important, the first one is enough.

What is your kernel version and arch?
(I should add this to cryptsetup debug output :)

1) try it in two steps:

losetup /dev/loop0 crypto.img
cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/loop0 crypto

Does it work this way?

2) try last stable cryptsetup 1.6.1, does it help?

If it still doesn't work, please use cryptsetup 1.6.1
and send (me or to the list) output of:

uname -a
lsblk
dmsetup table
strace cryptsetup luksOpen crypto.img crypto --debug

Thanks,