[dm-crypt] Availability of a tool similar with `aespipe`?

Ciprian Dorin Craciun ciprian.craciun at gmail.com
Mon May 27 20:30:49 CEST 2013

    Hello all!

    I remember that when I was using LoopAES there was a tool called
`aespipe` that allowed one to encrypt a stream of data, that would
later be readable by loop-mounting it via LoopAES.

    Thus I was wondering if there is a similar tool compatible with
`dm-crypt` (for example by using a variant of AES-XTS, no LUCKS).

    I would find this very useful for backup purposes where one
doesn't know how large the output will be, and once done and written
on a DVD (or other read-only but randomly addressable media), it could
be read-back, all without requiring administrative rights.

    Just for the record, I know that I could use any other solution
like GPG, however the outcome wouldn't be randomly accessible, which
is a must in this usage scenario.

    Thanks,
    Ciprian.