[dm-crypt] luksAddKey successful but not working

leam hall leamhall at gmail.com
Thu May 30 02:56:30 CEST 2013

So what I'm seeing is an error "No key available with this passphrase".
What makes this odd is that there are two boxes; one build with a file
system encrypted and the other adding it afterwards. Both have the same
~/keyfile. The manually built system won't read the keyfile  on boot and
drops the box into "fix your filesystem" mode. The "encrypted on install"
box works just fine.They are pretty much build from the same OS version,
though the bad one has more packages.

Any ideas on how to trouble-shoot this?

Thanks!

Leam