[dm-crypt] Forgot dm-crypt password; suggestions on steps to undertake

Milan Broz gmazyland at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 16:10:53 CET 2013

On 11/12/2013 03:58 PM, Matthew Monaco wrote:
> It didn't make sense to me to do it using libcryptsetup because the bottleneck
> was the actual decryption attempt.

The example I posted link to is using common context and arbitrary number
of processes (default is number of CPU cores) which run in parallel
(hash iterations can easily run in parallel on different CPUs)
So every process tries n-th line in candidate password file.

This is the advantage (plus save some negligible initialization time),
otherwise script is fine of course.