[dm-crypt] 1.6.2 - waiting for zero, luksFormat hung

Milan Broz gmazyland at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 20:05:06 CET 2013

On 11/20/2013 05:44 PM, shmick at riseup.net wrote:
> ./configure --with-crypto_backend=openssl --enable-dev-random
>
> cryptsetup benchmark
>
> # Tests are approximate using memory only (no storage IO).
> cryptsetup: relocation error: cryptsetup: symbol crypt_benchmark_kdf,
> version CRYPTSETUP_1.0 not defined in file libcryptsetup.so.4 with link
> time reference

You are compiling own version, but code apparently tries to load old
libryptsetup library from system.
(And it seems I did lib versioning wrong here ...)

Either try to run src/cryptsetup (libtool wrapper should provide proper paths)
or override library path using LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
(it should point to src/lib/.libs or so)

(Or if you installed compiled version, be sure it overwrites old libcryptsetup.)