[dm-crypt] 1.6.2 - waiting for zero, luksFormat hung

Milan Broz gmazyland at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 19:58:57 CET 2013

On 11/21/2013 03:55 PM, shmick at riseup.net wrote:
> ive also then tried with my distro default cryptsetup 1.4.1 but the same
> errors again in xts mode with AES or TWOFISH
>
> any ideas ???

Did you modified udev device-mapper rules? If not, perhaps you should report
it to your distro bugzilla if it doesn't work with default package.

(The "waiting to zero" is in fact libdevmapper internal problem, cryptsetup is
just an user here.)
Usually it is caused byt removal of mandatory device-mapper udev rules.

Cipher or dmcrypt configuration is perhaps not related to this.