[dm-crypt] cryptsetup, tcrypt-system and multiple partitions

na fulldisea at gmail.com
Sun Nov 24 00:32:53 CET 2013

Hello,

thanks for the great work on tcrypt support in cryptsetup!

I do have one issue tho and I hope I'm doing something wrong.

Here's my setup. I've got one drive , sda, with usual LUKS setup
and another drive , sdb, which is truecrypt encrypted (windows
installation).
The second drive has three partitions , sdb1,sdb2 and sdb3.

Now, I wanted to use cryptsetup via systemd to automagically mount the
second drive partitions.
But, manpages and the code suggest that if a partition is system-encrypted
with truecrypt, one should use the whole device in crypttab and not the
partition (so /dev/sdb and not /dev/sdb1 for example).

If set that way , and the mapped device is listed in fstab accordingly, it
works fine, but only for the first partition, /dev/sdb1 that is. How am I
supposed to mount the other three partitions ?
How would I specify it in crypttab and fstab?

Thanks in advance!