[dm-crypt] cryptsetup, tcrypt-system and multiple partitions

na fulldisea at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 13:24:20 CET 2013

I don't think this has anything to do with systemd.
The problem is that when the decrypted drive gets mapped, I can mount only
one partition.
Regardless if I do it from crypttab or manualy.

I can map the device
[root at localhost mnt]# cryptsetup --tcrypt-system --type tcrypt open
/dev/sdb tcrypt-volume

[root at localhost mnt]# ls -l /dev/mapper/tcrypt-volume
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 7 Nov 26 13:12 /dev/mapper/tcrypt-volume -> ../dm-7
[root at localhost mnt]#

/dev/sdb has 3 partitions, all of which are tcrpyt encrypted (system

sdb                                                 8:16   0 465.8G  0
├─sdb1                                              8:17   0   150G  0
├─sdb2                                              8:18   0   200G  0
└─sdb3                                              8:19   0 115.8G  0 part

If I now do mount /dev/mapper/tcrypt-volume /some/mountpoint , only
decrypted /dev/sdb1 gets mounted (obviously).
How do I them mount the other two ?