[dm-crypt] Truecrypt and cryptdisks_start: failing with CRYPTTAB_OPTION_tcrypt-system: bad variable name

.. ink .. mhogomchungu at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 02:16:40 CEST 2013

> in an online version of the crypttab manpage[1] I can see the tcrypt and
> tcrypt-system options, and how to use them; in my manpage (cryptsetup
> 2:1.6.1-1 2013-06-28 CRYPTTAB(5) ) there is no such thing.
>
> I know that this is not the 1.7.0-git manpage, but (AFAIK) the tcrypt and
> tcrypt-system options should be there and, nevertheless, 1.7.0-git does not
> work.
>
> I don't know how to solve this. I can't reboot rigth now, so I don't know
> if the "workaround" I'm trying ('cat passwordfile | /usr/sbin/cryptsetup
> --tcrypt-system tcryptOpen /dev/sda1 truecrypt' and 'mount -a' in
> /etc/rc.local) works, but I'd prefer to use the 'built-in' function.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Claudio
>
> [1] http://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/crypttab.html
>

> tcrypt options to "/etc/crypttab" were added a few months ago to support
systemd somewhere.

Probably the crypttab errors you are getting are due to the support not
being there in debian yet.

Will appreciate if you could do me a favor,i have a project at[1] .It does
support opening truecrypt system volume but i have not tested the
functionality because i have no system volume to test.

If it works,you could use the project to open your truecrypt system and
other encrypted volumes you may have the project support.

[1] http://code.google.com/p/zulucrypt/