[dm-crypt] verity setup on active device.

Shiva shivaramakrishnan740 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 23:34:08 CEST 2014

Hello,

I have a requirement.

I have two devices . (/dev/sdb) and (/dev/sdc).

I have few files in /dev/sdb1. These files are created via nfs.

Now I want to use verity setup tool.

It needs to be able to perform the integrity check on /dev/sdb.

I wanted to  perform integrity check for a partition which is mounted.

1. I did the following.Installed the dm-verity from source.

2. My nfs-share was initially mounted .

(mount /dev/sdb1 /nfs-share)

3.I unmounted it.

4. veritysetup --debug format /dev/sdb /dev/sdc.
Got the "root hash".

5.Used the root hash in this command.
veritysetup --debug create nfs /dev/sdb /dev/sdc "root hash"

Everything works well.
My problem is I am not able to perform step5 for a mounted partition.

I require a mounted partition since nfs-share will use this partition.
(For addition and deletion)

Is there a command switch that needs to be performed in order to achieve this?

Any help/direction is greatly appreciated.