[dm-crypt] Kernel update: "Failed to access temporary keystore device."

Arno Wagner arno at wagner.name
Fri Aug 1 05:57:17 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I just tried to upgrade my kernel from 3.10.48 to 3.14.15
(kernel.org). This is Debian wheezy. After the update, I
get "Failed to access temporary keystore device." when
trying to unlock my LUKS partitions. As far as I can tell
I have not changed anything relevant in the kernel config,
I just did a "make oldconfig" with the old kernel .config.

What is missing here or how do I debug this?

Gr"usse,

A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers. -  Plato