[dm-crypt] Boot Prompt Text

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Mon Feb 17 16:02:17 CET 2014

Am 17.02.2014 15:39, schrieb Arno Wagner:
> That this is in a c-file, not an easily changed shell-
> skript, already explains quite a bit of what is wrong
> with systemd.

Besides the fact that this is completely off-topic:

You could use the same argument on cryptsetup and claim that it should
be a shell script. Why isn't it? If I want 'cryptsetup luksOpen's prompt
to change, I need to change it in cryptsetup and recompile. If it was a
script, I could easily edit it.

It's *precisely* your argument. (Of course, it completely ignores that
the next system update would overwrite it, shell script or binary).

Really, please stop inventing weird arguments against things that you
don't use, are not interested in and don't know anything about - and
keep it on-topic.

> Pity. With a sane init system, it would just be a change to
> some shell-skript, i.e. 2 minutes with a text editor.

Until the next system update - and then you edit it again. System
maintenance like it is done in 2014!