[dm-crypt] Boot Prompt Text

Arno Wagner arno at wagner.name
Mon Feb 17 16:38:20 CET 2014

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 16:28:08 CET, Thomas Bächler wrote:
> Am 17.02.2014 16:18, schrieb Sven Eschenberg:
> > As you might have realized, cryptsetup provides ways to not show its own
> > prompt
>
> What's the option for that? I can't find it in the manpage.

Learn to read.

"--batch-mode" might help and so might the info in the two
sections "NOTES ON PASSPHRASE PROCESSING FOR PLAIN MODE"
and "NOTES ON PASSPHRASE PROCESSING FOR LUKS".

cryptsetup will detect whether it is connected to a terminal
or fed via stdin. If fed via stdin it will only report errors
to stderr.

A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers. -  Plato