[dm-crypt] Boot Prompt Text

Sven Eschenberg sven at whgl.uni-frankfurt.de
Mon Feb 17 16:40:01 CET 2014

You can use -d to pass in file data, which naturally bypasses the prompt,
it should easily work with a fifo too, IIC.

Quote:
       --key-file, -d name
              Read the passphrase from file.

              If the name given is "-", then the passphrase will be read
from stdin.  In this case, reading will not stop at newline
characters.

              With LUKS, passphrases supplied via --key-file are always
the existing passphrases requested by a command, except in
the case of luksFormat where --key-file is equivalent to
the
              positional key file argument.

              If you want to set a new passphrase via key file, you have
to use a positional argument to luksAddKey.

              See section NOTES ON PASSPHRASE PROCESSING for more
information.

And please read the passphrase processing part for a complete understanding!

-Sven