[dm-crypt] cryptsetup without sudo

Clay Wells cwells73 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 17:01:48 CET 2014

If I understand the question, I think he wants to set up a volume without
being root.

What I have done in the past is setup the volume (say a USB drive) as root
but then chown myuser
and chmod +s myuser. Now I plug in the USB and unlock the device as my
user. I hope this addresses
your question, Henry.

Cheers,
Clay