[dm-crypt] nuke password to delete luks header

.. ink .. mhogomchungu at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 20:22:03 CET 2014

> While I have not looked at it for some time, the last time I looked,
> FAT did a create-at-end Strategy. This way the data "wanders" over
> the partition towrds the end. ext2/3/4 will create files all over
> the disk in the first place.

My own tests have shown that with fat fs,files are not added randomly all
over the disk and are added sequentially.Meaning,if the volume is used
normally without exceeding a certain amount of disk space,the rest of the
disk will remain untouched.

I looked into this last week and my google searches on how fat handles
files have so far been unsuccessful.Most discussions i have found go
straight to implementation of the file system and my looking into that so
far produced nothing.

I tested this in an image file through a loop device so i assume a ready
block device would produce the same behavior.