[dm-crypt] nuke password to delete luks header

Claudio Moretti flyingstar16 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 13:42:10 CET 2014

On Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 8:43 AM, Arno Wagner <arno at wagner.name> wrote:

> The mob has IT security experts and will not allow this person to
> trick them.

Fair enough

>  > Without diving into further examples concerning the safety of the people
> > someone holds most dear, I believe this is the perfect example.
>
> For my option 1. "erase container while still free to act" it is
> a valid example. For option 2. "try to trick adversaries while
> already in their power", it is just as bad as all the others.

 "try to trick" is the keyword here, and we can circle back to something
you said (more or less) before: is there any case in which trying to trick
someone is going to give you any benefits?

I suppose for every specific case there is a possible counter-response (see
my mob example and your answer). Still, real life is not so black and
white, so maybe it could be possible to trick someone.. But here it all
depends by the person trying to trick (and his or her skills in lying) so...

Claudio