[dm-crypt] Cryptsetup-reencrypt failing with error with option --new reduce-device-size

Abhrajyoti Kirtania abhrajyoti at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 16:16:33 CEST 2014

Thank you for the reply.

How can i create unused space (shrink) at the end of original divide? As
per the man page "fdisk -u /dev/sdb # move sdb1 partition end + 4096
sectors" not giving expected result.

Even i tried with resize2fs but not helping

test at ubuntu:~/in-place$ sudo resize2fs /dev/sda8 4M

resize2fs 1.42.5 (29-Jul-2012)

resize2fs: New size smaller than minimum (45572)

test at ubuntu:~/in-place$ sudo resize2fs /dev/sda8 8M