[dm-crypt] Required kernel crypto interface not available

.. ink .. mhogomchungu at gmail.com
Thu May 15 22:30:25 CEST 2014

On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 2:55 PM, Franz <169101 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the kind and informed reply.
>
> My kernel is 3.12.14-4. I am no developer nor kernel configurator. Just a
> user. It seems this means I cannot use this for the foreseeable future.
>
> What distribution are you using?
Your kernel is modern enough and should have the required functionality
build in by default,if not,you should file a bug with the distribution.The
reason why things do not work probably is because you are making a mistake
somewhere.

> Do you know any other script to mount a crypted container (contained in a
> file) that may work for a simple user like me.
>
> Well if it does not exist I'll go on using trucrypt.

Any reason why you want to do this from a script? If you want the volume at
be unlocked at boot time,i believe systemd has provisions to make it
possible if you are running a systemd managed system.

There is a GUI tool called zuluCrypt[1] that will allow you to mount your
truecrypt volume. Info on how to install binaries in fedora is here[2]

[1] https://code.google.com/p/zulucrypt/

[2] http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=292320