[dm-crypt] Required kernel crypto interface not available

.. ink .. mhogomchungu at gmail.com
Thu May 15 23:46:42 CEST 2014

On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 5:26 PM, Franz <169101 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes I had already seen this zulucrypt and also tomb
> http://www.dyne.org/software/tomb/ that seems even more developed that
> zulucrypt. But for such a critical task I am willing to trust packages like
> cryptsetup and dm-crypt that are signed, incorporated into main
> distributions, and certainly checked by many people. But I am unwilling to
> trust something posted somewhere in internet, unsigned and unchecked.
>
> Otherwise better to stay with Truecrypt a little more waiting for things
> to change.
>
> In any case many thanks to all for the kind help
> Best
> Franz

Your statement carries with it a logical inconsistece since you use
TrueCrypt, a product that is developed in secrecy,
by unknown developers who seem to take extra effort to hide themselves for
no obvious reasons who
also seem to just put link to a source code dump online once in a
while,unchecked and unverified.

Why not switching to LUKS since you already seen to trust cryptsetup?

what advantages does TrueCrypt volumes have in your use case that makes
you want to stick with its encrypted format?