[dm-crypt] Kickstart with LUKS

Milan Broz gmazyland at gmail.com
Sat May 24 07:12:43 CEST 2014

On 05/23/2014 08:43 PM, James Williams wrote:
>   Running RHEL 6... doing a kickstart installation.  How do I use LUKS with the LVM during the kickstart process?
> Does the --encrypted and --passphrase options use LUKS?

If you want an example, read docs or do manual install and then read resulting kickstart
file placed in /root dir (you will need to uncomment some options).

You can find docs for RHEL/CentOS 6 easily through Google...
https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Installation_Guide/s1-kickstart2-options.html

And yes, it uses LUKS, installer should always use aes-xts-plain64 (with AES256).