[dm-crypt] LUKS keyslot 4 is invalid

Jarosław K s4per89 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 23:52:38 CET 2014

Hi all,

I have an encrypted RAID 1 volume for /home directory. I set it to mount
automatically after login (based on
http://nanonanonano.net/linux/debian/enchome). All of it works perfect
during a few months. Until today ... After login I saw a "clean" user
profile on my Debian. I know that, my encrypted drive didn't mount
correctly. Unfortunately, manually mount failed too:

root at s4per-debian:/home/s4per# cryptsetup luksOpen
/dev/mapper/isw_echheajchc_Mirror crypt
Numer klucza LUKS 4 jest nieprawidłowy.   ---> LUKS keyslot 4 is invalid (?)

I have read something about this issue, and now i think it could be problem
with LUKS headers. But unfortunatelly i have no any backup of it.

In Poland we says "Polish wise after the event". Now I know, that I should
make some backup of headers.

I kindly request for some help.

My OS: Debian Sid AMD64

Regards,