[dm-crypt] list of supported encryption options for LUKS

.. ink .. mhogomchungu at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 19:30:00 CEST 2014

> But I still think that there should be only few strong predefined
> combinations.
>
>  I will go with only those mentioned in the benchmark as "supported
options".

Why the users want to change default?

What's the real problem - cipher speed or they do not trust NIS and NSA or
> they just want more knobs because more knobs means more security :-) ?

I currently do not allow options because i though defaults were good for
everybody but people keep asking for
ability to change them.This post[1] is a good example of that They wished
for more options but did not specify why.

About a week ago,somebody sent me a zuluCrypt source file and asked me to
modify it to change hard coded defaults.They wanted different defaults but
did not trust themselves to change the source file so they asked me to do
it for them.

[1]
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/zulucrypt-easily-create-and-manage-luks-plain-truecrypt-volumes-and-partitions.363255/