[dm-crypt] Cryptsetup FAQ montly pointer 4/2015

Arno Wagner arno at wagner.name
Thu Apr 2 13:48:28 CEST 2015

The Wiki-Version of the FAQ has moved:

  https://gitlab.com/cryptsetup/cryptsetup/wikis/FrequentlyAskedQuestions

Please update your bookmarks.

I have not had time to polish it for the new markup and automated
conversion to the ASCII version in the sources. Maybe over easter.

The source code has moved to kernel.org:

  https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/cryptsetup/

Verifying signatures now requires decompression first, just as
for the kernel sources. While decompressin before verification
presents a slight risk (attacks on the decompressor), this has
been discussed for the kernel case on the LKML and the risk was
deemed acceptable (I agree). Hence please do not warm this
discussion up again.

Gr"usse,