[dm-crypt] out of order encryption

Vasile Catalin-B50542 catalin.vasile at freescale.com
Thu Aug 6 14:10:23 CEST 2015

I am using a Freescale P3041DS platform with CAAM
(drivers/crypto/CAAM/*) hardware accelerator.
The platforms is a PowerPC processor.

On 06.08.2015 14:48, Milan Broz wrote:
> On 08/06/2015 01:32 PM, Vasile Catalin-B50542 wrote:
>> I am sending crypto requests to a hardware component which has
>> an option to keeping them in order or not. I was trying to use the out of
>> order option because this would let requests run in parallel.
>> If I tried running them with the out of order option bun then I get:
>> No key available with this passphrase.
>> When trying to execute the following commands:
>> cryptsetup -c aes-xts-plain -y -v luksFormat /dev/sda1
>> cryptsetup open /dev/sda1 test_xts1
>
> Sigh. Please when you asking about some explicit problem, please
> always mention it from the beginning...
>
> So this is probably unrelated to dmcrypt. Userspace cryptsetup could use
> kernel crypto API wrapper directly (add --debug and you will see,
> there should be log message that it uses kernel crypto userspace interface).
>
> This seems like a bug in the kernel crypto API provider, what exactly it is?
> What architecture?
>
> We have seen the same problem with Raspbery PI2 & NEON crypto driver
> (it was a bug in kernel code), I guess it is the same here.
>
> Milan

>>> Are you thinking about parallelization or asynchronous processing?

CatalinVasile

Intern, DN-Software

FreescaleSemiconductor, Inc.

www.freescale.com

phone: 073-021-1938

e-mail: catalin.vasile at freescale.com <mailto:your.name at freescale.com>

*Freescale_Logo-nosemi_Lh_4c***

This e-mail, and any associated attachments have been classified as:

[ ] Public

[ ] Freescale Semiconductor Internal Use Only

[ ] Freescale Semiconductor Confidential Proprietary