[dm-crypt] What is an "Internal terminal password query?"

Sven Eschenberg sven at whgl.uni-frankfurt.de
Thu Dec 3 00:58:06 CET 2015

Currently, when using the lib+API passphrase is acquired by the lib
internally from the terminal.

The next major realease will remove this 'limitation' and it will be up
to the programm using the API to acquire the passphrase.

Check the release notes from the current realease to see for yourself.
https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/cryptsetup/v1.7/v1.7.0-ReleaseNotes

Cryptsetup API note right at the bottom.

Regards

-Sven