[dm-crypt] What is an "Internal terminal password query?"

H McCurdy hmccurdy at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 3 16:20:41 CET 2015

Thanks Sven,
"Internal" means internal to the the API.  Makes sense now.
Regards,Hugh

    On Wednesday, December 2, 2015 6:58 PM, Sven Eschenberg <sven at whgl.uni-frankfurt.de> wrote:

 Currently, when using the lib+API passphrase is acquired by the lib
internally from the terminal.

The next major realease will remove this 'limitation' and it will be up
to the programm using the API to acquire the passphrase.

Check the release notes from the current realease to see for yourself.
https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/cryptsetup/v1.7/v1.7.0-ReleaseNotes

Cryptsetup API note right at the bottom.

Regards

-Sven